When a text pops up, we read it.
As both a customer engagement and sales tool, texting boosts revenue and satisfaction.
Here are 13 texting must-know guideposts to increase revenue and delight customers:
1. Get permission first (Boring tip, but necessary).
2. Keep it short. Max your message to 600 characters which is about 90 words or 4 – 6 sentences. If it’s longer than that, put it in an email or pick up the phone.
3. Add links if you have more info.
4. Don’t use text abbreviations (R U enjoying your stay? LMK if there is anything I can do for U. Ewwwww!).
5. Use simple sentences and conversational words.
6. Use contractions.
7. Use emojis. They add instant emotion, are attention-getting and amp the feeling of friendliness.
8. Be authentically friendly.
9. Use your brand personality (Are you a hip, fun hotel? Then sound that way! If it’s brain surgery, a more formal tone might be better.).
10. Don’t overwhelm them with multiple texts (unless you’ve promised to get back to them and need to give them updates).
11. Don’t send messages at times that are likely to wake them up.
12. Don’t ask them to do work on your behalf. If you ask for anything, give them something in return (“Please text “Yes” if you would like …. and we will <take care of the rest (whatever the rest is) for you>.
13. Include the right amount of care and content.
Text messages are read almost as soon as they’re sent and 83% of consumers respond to a business text within 30 minutes.
Of course, for a longer message, email is still the way to go.
But texting – with its small chunks of quick easily digestible information – is an excellent additional channel to help customers feel important and heard. Texting is a wonderful sales and communication tool to engage and nurture relationships!
Before you go—
The whirlwind is behind us and the future is bright! With two-thirds of buyers preferring remote interactions – digital and virtual – polishing your email selling skills is key to dramatically improving sales.
It’s time to stop sending email after email only to be ignored! You can write quick, strategic, smart messages that get results and drive sales!
Check availability for a fully customized on-site sales training workshop or virtual training series. Visit Sue’s website, email Sue@SpeakerSue.com or call +1-480-575-9711 for possibilities.